Tanya's Pineapple Cranberry Muffins
(inspired by Sunshine Muffins recipe by Lindsay Nixon in her cookbook Happy Herbivore Abroad)
Makes about 12-15 muffins
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a medium bowl, whisk until well combined:
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- tsp baking powder
- cup coconut sugar (or other dry sweetener)
Stir until just combined.
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) cranberries
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest (optional)
Spoon into muffin cups: fill to make 15 or more smaller muffins, or fill almost to the top of muffin liners to make 12 larger muffins.
Bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The texture is often better the next day.